Sir CP at Sydney Town Hall 2006
Lucknow University, India
- 1940 1st class First B.A.
- 1941 1st class First B.A. Hons
- 1942 1st class First M.A
- 1944 1st class LL.B 1944
- Gold Medals for proficiency in English Literature and Political Science
- LL.D. (Doctor of Laws-Honoris Causa), Bhopal University, India, 1984
- LL.D. (Doctor of Laws-Honoris Causa), University of Wales, United Kingdom, 1987
- LL.D. (Doctor of Laws-Honoris Causa), University of Malta, 1988
- 1946 – 48 Officer on Special Duty, Ministry of Commerce, Government of India.
- 1948 – 49 Under Secretary to the Government of India, Ministry of Commerce. City Magistrate, Lucknow, India.
- 1951 – 52 Additional District Magistrate, Meerut, India.
- 1953 Officer on Special Duty, Directorate-General of Shipping, Government of India.
- 1954 – 57 Deputy Director-General of Shipping, Government of India.
- 1958 Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Transport and Private Secretary to the Minister of Transport and Communications/Minister of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- 1959 – 60 Senior Deputy Director-General of Shipping, Government of India.
- 1961 – 64 Managing Director, Shipping Corporation of India Limited, a Government of India Enterprise.
- 1964 – 66 Joint Secretary to the Prime Minister of India.
- 1966 – 73 Chairman of the Board of Directors and Managing Director, Shipping Corporation of India Limited, a Government of India Enterprise.
- 1967 Director, Central Inland Water Transport Corporation.
- 1967 – 73 Director, Central Board, Reserve Bank of India.
- 1974 – 89 Secretary-General, International Maritime Organization, United Nations, London.
- 1990 International Maritime Organization, United Nations.
- 1983 – 91 World Maritime University, Malmö, Sweden.
Founding Chancellor Emeritus
- 1991 World Maritime University, Malmö, Sweden.
- 1971 – 73 Indian National Shipowners’ Association.
- 1972 – 89 Institute of Maritime Technologists, India.
- 1973 – 74 United Nations Plenipotentiary Conference on Code of Conduct for Liner Conferences.
- 1980 – 91 International Maritime Lecturers’ Association.
- 1989 Governing Board, IMO International Maritime Law Institute, Malta.
- 1972 Committee on Invisibles Including Shipping, Insurance and Tourism, Third United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- 1988 Seatrade Annual Award for Achievement, United Kingdom.
- 1991 Indian Register of Shipping.
- 1992 Government of India Committee on Maritime Education and Training.
- 1998 Governing Council, Tolani Maritime Institute, Induri, Pune.
- 2000 National Maritime Day Awards Committee, India.
- 2006 Chairman Emeritus Governing Council, Tolani Maritime Institute, Induri, Pune.
Alternate Chairman and Life Member
- 1991 Board of Governors, World Maritime University, Malmö, Sweden.
- 1970 – 73 Sea Cadet Council, India.
- 1989 Welsh Centre for International Affairs, United Kingdom.
- 1989 Advisory Committee on Pollution of the Sea (ACOPS), United Kingdom.
- 1959 – 73 National Shipping Board, India.
- 1959 – 73 Merchant Navy Training board, India.
- 1966 – 73 National Welfare Board for Seafarers, India.
- 1969 American Bureau of Shipping.
- 1970 Governing Body, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade.
- 1970 – 73 National Harbour Board, India.
- 1971 General Committee, Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 1972 – 73 Governing Body, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India.
- 1978 – 89 Advisory Board of the Sea Trade Academy.
- 1981 – 89 Board of International Maritime Bureau of the International Chamber of Commerce.
- 1985 – 89 Board of Directors of the ICC Centre for Maritime Co-operation.
- 1989 – 90 Honorary Advisory Committee, International Congress on The Port-An Ecological Challenge, Hamburg, Germany.
- 1989 – 01 Specially Elected Member, General Committee of Lloyd’s Register, United Kingdom.
- 1984 The Marine Society & Sea Cadets, United Kingdom.